Flex-A-Lite Direct-Fit 1964-1972 Chevelle Radiator and Electric Fan System
People building restomod Chevelles can now benefit from a direct-fit, bolt-in performance radiator and electric fan system from Flex-A-Lite. The Flex-A-Lite radiator is not like any other aluminum radiator on the market – it’s unique Extruded Core Technology helps it perform significantly better, helping owners keep their Chevelles nice and cool.
Extruded Tube Core radiators are the future of performance aluminum radiators, providing better heat transfer and stronger, more durable construction with less weight. The key cooling technology in the new Flex-A-Lite radiators is a core that is made with extruded tubes. This replaces outdated single-core, 2-core, 3-core and 4-core tube designs.
The extruded tube design is extremely strong and the internal passage volume increases the contact area between the coolant and aluminum tubes. The extruded tubes also provide a flat, optimum surface on which to braze the cooling fins. This maximizes the contact between the tubes and fins for increased heat rejection. Additionally, the cooling fins have louvers punched in them to direct airflow. This increase of contact and heat transfer from coolant to tube, tube to fin and fin to air gives the Flex-A-Lite Extruded Tube Core Radiators significantly better cooling capability than is possible with old-style tube cores.
The Extruded Tube Core Radiators are significantly stronger. The extruded tubes in conjunction with a proprietary brazing process give the radiators a 100-psi burst rating. The extruded tubes are much stronger and more rigid than traditional aluminum radiator-core tubes.
Flex-A-Lite Extruded Tube Core Radiators include a corner subhead, reinforcing the cooling tube to header connection, an area prone to cracking and leaking in other brands of radiators.
Key features and benefits of the Flex-A-Lite Extruded Tube Core Radiators include:
- Increased contact area between the coolant and aluminum tubes for better heat rejection and cooling
- A flat surface on which to braze the cooling fins, maximizing the contact between the tubes and fins for increased heat rejection and better cooling
- The cooling fins have been designed with louver patterns cut into them to direct airflow, improving heat rejection and cooling
- Wind-tunnel testing has shown that this Extruded Tube Core technology is significantly more efficient for cooling than standard tube radiators
- The Flex-A-Lite Extruded Tube Core Radiators are significantly stronger and have a 100-psi burst rating
- The Flex-A-Lite Extruded Tube Core Radiators include a corner subhead, reinforcing the cooling tube to header connection, an area prone to cracking and leaking in other brands of aluminum radiators
- Covered by an exclusive Flex-A-Lite transferable 2-year warranty
There are two application available to fit the 1964-1967 Chevelles and the 1968-1972 Chevelles. Each application is available both with a Flex-A-Lite electric fan already attached, or as a radiator-only unit. Radiators configured to work with LS engine swaps are also available.
Part Number Description
316100 1964-1967 Chevelle (Radiator Only)
316101 1964-1967 Chevelle (Radiator Only – LS Engine Swap)
316160 1964-1967 Chevelle (Radiator and electric fan)
316161 1964-1967 Chevelle (Radiator and electric fan – LS Engine Swap)
316000 1968-1972 Chevelle (Radiator Only)
316001 1968-1972 Chevelle (Radiator Only – LS Engine Swap)
316060 1968-1972 Chevelle (Radiator and dual electric fans)
316061 1968-1972 Chevelle (Radiator and dual electric fans – LS Engine Swap)
Visit flex-a-lite.com or call 800-851-1510 for more information.