Goodguys’ 2020 Truck of the Year Late Competition Already Underway!
That’s right! Each year, Goodguys heads out on the road in search of America’s finest 1960-1987 tricked-out truck! And when we find it, we crown it, honor it and give it the title of Goodguys’ 2020 LMC Truck of the Year Late! It’s all part of our annual Goodguys “Top 12” cars and trucks of the year campaign and it’s one of the hottest awards programs in the country!
So how can you get involved and get your truck on the radar for this prestigious award? Well here’s the lowdown…
1. First off, your truck has to meet the following criteria to be considered for the award:
- Must be a show-quality, trick-out truck between 1960-1987
- The truck must attend a minimum of (1) of the remaining (5) “Regional Finalist” events in 2020 listed below and park in either the Trick Truck Corral or Builder’s Choice special parking area on the Saturday of the event or in the Indoor Car Show display area throughout the weekend (when applicable) to have a chance to be selected as a “Regional Finalist”
2. So how are “Regional Finalists” selected?
- (1) “Regional Finalist” that fits the award criteria will be selected from each of the events listed below will be selected by the Goodguys awards staff. This method benefits participants from all regions of the country – east to west, north to south – instead of limiting the award to a certain region and certain event.
3. What events can I compete to be a “Regional Finalist” at in 2020?
- 2nd Kentucky Nationals, October 11-13, 2019 Lexington, KY
- 30th Autumn Get-Together, November 9 & 10, 2019 Pleasanton, CA
- 29th Speedway Motors Heartland Nationals, July 3-5, Des Moines, IA
- 1st RaceDeck Salt Lake Nationals, July 17-19, Salt Lake City, UT
- 2nd Grundy Insurance Great American Nationals, August 14-16, York, PA
- 28th Summit Racing Lone Star Nationals, September 25-27, Fort Worth, TX
- 20th Meguiar’s Del Mar Nationals, October 2-4, Del Mar, CA
- *38st All American Get Together, November 14 & 15, 2020 Pleasanton, CA*
*Finalist Chosen at this event will be added to the list of 2021 Truck of the Year Late Regional finalists
4. And how about the overall winner? How is it selected?
- Once all (7) 2020 “Regional Finalists” are selected, a team of Goodguys staff and select non-partisan builders and manufacturers from across the country will vote on and select the overall winner of the award.
- Overall Winner will be announced on Friday, October 9th, 2020
5. What does the winner receive for having the trickest 1960-1987 truck in the country?
- National bragging rights
- Beautiful billet aluminum award from Goodguys
- RaceDeck garage flooring
- Display Stanchion from Hot Rod Halo
- Car Care products from Meguiar’s
- Full color feature in the Goodguys Magazine and Yearbook
- Special feature on FuelCurve.com
- Exclusive invitation and travel accommodations to the season-ending Goodguys 23rd Southwest Nationals in Scottsdale, AZ where all of the “Top 12” cars and trucks of the year will be on display