Goodguys’ 2021 Truck of the Year Late Competition Already Underway!
That’s right! Each year, Goodguys heads out on the road in search of America’s finest 1960-1987 tricked-out truck! And when we find it, we crown it, honor it and give it the title of Goodguys / LMC Truck of the Year Late! It’s all part of our annual Goodguys “Top 12” cars and trucks of the year campaign and it’s one of the hottest awards programs in the country!
So how can you get involved and get your truck on the radar for this prestigious award? Well here’s the lowdown…
1. First off, your truck has to meet the following criteria to be considered for the award:
- Must be a show-quality, trick-out truck between 1960-1987
- The truck must attend a minimum of (1) of the remaining (8) “Regional Finalist” events in 2021 listed below and park in either the Trick Truck Corral or Builder’s Choice special parking area on the Saturday of the event or in the Indoor Car Show display area throughout the weekend (when applicable) to have a chance to be selected as a “Regional Finalist”
2. So how are “Regional Finalists” selected?
- (1) “Regional Finalist” that fits the award criteria will be selected from each of the events listed below will be selected by the Goodguys awards staff. This method benefits participants from all regions of the country – east to west, north to south – instead of limiting the award to a certain region and certain event.
3. What events can I compete to be a “Regional Finalist” at in 2021?
- 2nd Kentucky Nationals, October 11-13, 2019 Lexington, KY (selected finalist shown below)
- 30th Autumn Get-Together, November 9 & 10, 2019 Pleasanton, CA (selected finalist shown below)
- 29th Speedway Motors Heartland Nationals, July 3-5, 2020 Des Moines, IA (selected finalist shown below)
- 1st RaceDeck Salt Lake Nationals, July 17-19, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT (selected finalist shown below)
- 11th LMC Truck Spring Lonestar Nationals, March 12-14, 2021 Fort Worth, TX
- 11th FiTech Fuel Injection Spring Nationals, April 16-18, 2021 Scottsdale, AZ
- 2nd RaceDeck Salt Lake Nationals, May 21-23, 2021 Salt Lake City, UT
- 30th Speedway Motors Heartland Nationals, July 2-4, 2021 Des Moines, IA
- 23rd Summit Racing Nationals, July 9-11, 2021 Columbus, OH
- 2nd Grundy Collector Car Insurance Great American Nationals, 2021 August 20-22, York, PA 28th
- 28th Summit Racing Lone Star Nationals, 2021 September 24-26, Fort Worth, TX
- 20th Meguiar’s Del Mar Nationals, October 1-3, 2021 Del Mar, CA
- *31st Autumn Get-Together, November 13 & 14, 2021 Pleasanton, CA*
*Finalist Chosen at this event will be added to the list of 2022 Truck of the Year Late finalists
4. And how about the overall winner? How is it selected?
- Once all (12) “Regional Finalists” are selected, a team of Goodguys staff and select non-partisan builders and manufacturers from across the country will vote on and select the overall winner of the award.
- Overall Winner will be announced on Friday, October 8th, 2021
5. What does the winner receive for having the trickest 1960-1987 truck in the country?
- National bragging rights
- Beautiful billet aluminum award from Goodguys
- RaceDeck garage flooring
- Car Care products from Meguiar’s
- 10×10 E-Z UP canopy
- Full color feature in the Goodguys Magazine and Yearbook
- Special feature on FuelCurve.com
- Exclusive invitation and travel accommodations to the season-ending Goodguys 24th Southwest Nationals in Scottsdale, AZ where all of the “Top 12” cars and trucks of the year will be on display