A Breakdown of Goodguys’ 2020 Street Rod d’Elegance Top 12 Title
It’s all in the name with this Top 12 award! Every year Goodguys honors the most gorgeous, stunning, magnificent and elegant Street Rod and there’s no better place than the beautiful Southern California oceanfront city of Del Mar to host this award. If you think your Street Rod falls into this category, we want it, we’ll crown it, we’ll honor it and give it the title of Goodguys’ 2020 March Performance Street Rod d’Elegance! It’s all part of our annual Goodguys “Top 12” cars and trucks of the year campaign and it’s one of the hottest awards programs in the country!
So how can you get involved and get your Street Rod on the radar for this prestigious award? Well here’s the lowdown…
1. First off, your vehicle has to meet the following criteria to be considered for the award:
- Street Rods through 1948 vintage accepted
- This award is designed to honor a gorgeous and elegant street rod
2. What event can I compete at for a chance to win the Street Rod d’Elegance Title?
- You must have your Street Rod entered as part of the indoor car show at the 20th Del Mar Nationals on October 2-4 in Del Mar, CA. Finalists will be selected from the indoor car show only. Email [email protected] for more information to enter.
3. And how about the overall winner? How is it selected?
- The selection committee for these awards are made up of industry experts and Goodguys staff members. Each member of the selection committee places their Top 5 picks in order of preference. The first choice will receive five points, second choice four points, third choice thee points, and so on.
- The winner is determined by whoever receives the most total points and is awarded the Street Rod d’Elegance Top 12 title to conclude Sunday’s award ceremony.
4. What does the winner receive for having the most elegant Street Rod in the country?
- National bragging rights
- Beautiful billet aluminum award from Goodguys
- RaceDeck garage flooring
- Display Stanchion from Hot Rod Halo
- Car Care products from Meguiar’s
- Full color feature in the Goodguys Magazine and Yearbook
- Special feature on FuelCurve.com
- Exclusive invitation and travel accommodations to the season-ending Goodguys 23rd Southwest Nationals in Scottsdale, AZ where all of the “Top 12” cars and trucks of the year will be on display