Karl Kustoms announces New Chevrolet Performance LS364/450HP LS Long Block
Chevrolet Performance engineers have developed the LS364/450 as a value-driven foundation for hot rod builders and enthusiasts looking to give their earlier LS-powered vehicles a high-performance shot in the arm. Starting with a strong, economical iron cylinder block and durable rotating assembly, the LS 6.0L features the high-lift LS6 camshaft and the deep-breathing LS3 aluminum cylinder heads. It’s a strong combination with exceptional horsepower and a broad torque band.
The LS364/450 is offered exclusively as a long-block assembly, without the induction system, ignition system or front-end accessory drive system, allowing builders to transfer components from their early LS-powered vehicle or complete a custom build with the components of their choice.
An intake manifold that matches the LS3/L92 style rectangular intake ports is required. Karl Kustoms has installed these engines and have a good pulse on what works well together to work best for your application and budget.
- 452 hp @ 5,600 rpm / 441 lb.-ft. @ 4,800 rpm / with 24X Reluctor
- Part Number: 19370163
- Engine Type: Performance LQ9 long block
- Displacement (cu in): 364 cu in (6.0L)
- Bore x Stroke (in): 4.000 x 3.622 (101.6 x 92mm)
- Block (P/N 12623967): Cast iron with 6-bolt, cross-bolted main caps
- Crankshaft: Nodular iron
- Connecting Rods: Powdered metal
- Pistons: Hypereutectic aluminum
- Camshaft Type (P/N 12565308): LS6 Hydraulic roller
- Valve Lift (in): 0.550″ intake / 0.550″ exhaust
- Camshaft Duration (@0.050 in): 204° intake / 218° exhaust
- Cylinder Heads: Aluminum LS3 rectangular port; as cast with 68cc chambers
- Valve Size (in): 2.165 intake (hollow stem) / 1.590 exhaust (Solid Stem)
- Compression ratio: 10.3:1
- Rocker Arms: Investment cast, roller bearing trunion
- Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
- Recommended Fuel: 92 octane
- Maximum Recommended RPM: 6,600
- Reluctor Wheel: 24x
- Balanced: Internal
- Assembly does not include electronics
- Engine is compatible with a vehicle’s existing Gen III controller, but tuning is required
- Includes LQ9 oil pan
- Requires intake manifold matched to LS3 or L92-Style rectangular intake ports
- LS3 or L96 production intake manifolds can be used, but require an aftermarket adapter plate for use with early LS three-bolt throttle bodies
- Not intended for marine applications
If you’re interested in learning more or ordering shop Karls Kustoms online and get the lowest prices and free shipping on Chevrolet Performance Powertrain items to a commercial address. Click here for more details.