Goodguys’ 2021 Truck of the Year Early Competition Already Underway!
That’s right! Each year, Goodguys heads out on the road in search of America’s finest pre-1960 tricked-out truck! And when we find it, we crown it, honor it and give it the title of Goodguys / Scott’s Hot Rods Truck of the Year Early! It’s all part of our annual Goodguys “Top 12” cars and trucks of the year campaign and it’s one of the hottest awards programs in the country!
So how can you get involved and get your truck on the radar for this prestigious award? Well here’s the lowdown…
1. First off, your truck has to meet the following criteria to be considered for the award:
- Must be a show-quality, trick-out truck through 1959 vintage
- The truck must attend a minimum of (1) of the remaining (8) “Regional Finalist” events listed below and park in either the Trick Truck Corral or Builder’s Choice special parking area during Saturday of the event, or be displayed in the Indoor Car Show area throughout the weekend (when applicable) to have a chance to be selected as a “Regional Finalist”.
2. So how are “Regional Finalists” selected?
- “Regional Finalist” that fits the award criteria will be selected from each of the events listed below will be selected by the Goodguys awards staff. This method benefits participants from all regions of the country – east to west, north to south – instead of limiting the award to a certain region and certain event.
3. What events can I compete to be a “Regional Finalist” at in 2021?
- 30th Autumn Get-Together, November 9 & 10, 2019 Pleasanton, CA (selected finalist shown below)
- 29th Speedway Motors Heartland Nationals, July 3-5, 2020 Des Moines, IA (selected finalist shown below)
- 11th LMC Truck Spring Lonestar Nationals, March 12-14, 2021 Fort Worth, TX
- 6th Griot’s Garage North Carolina Nationals, April 23-25, 2021 Raleigh, NC
- 15th BASF Nashville Nationals, May 28-30, 2021 Nashville, TN
- 30th Speedway Motors Heartland Nationals, July 2-4, 2021 Des Moines, IA
- 34th West Coast Nationals, August 27-29, 2021 Pleasanton, CA
- 23rd Colorado Nationals, September 10-12, 2021 Loveland, CO
- 28th Summit Racing Lone Star Nationals, September 24-26, 2021 Fort Worth, TX
- 20th Meguiar’s Del Mar Nationals, October 1-3, 2021 Del Mar, CA
- *31st Autumn Get-Together, November 13 & 14, 2021 Pleasanton, CA*
*Finalist chosen at this event will be added to the list of 2022 Truck of the Year Early finalists
4. And how about the overall winner? How is it selected?
- Once all (10) “Regional Finalists” are selected, a team of Goodguys staff and select non-partisan builders and manufacturers from across the country will vote on and select the overall winner of the award.
- Overall Winner will be announced on Friday, October 8th, 2021
5. What does the winner receive for having the coolest 1959 and older truck in the country?
- National bragging rights
- Beautiful billet aluminum award from Goodguys
- RaceDeck garage flooring
- Car Care products from Meguiar’s
- 10×10 E-Z UP canopy
- Full color feature in the Goodguys Magazine and Yearbook
- Special feature on FuelCurve.com
- Exclusive invitation and travel accommodations to the season-ending Goodguys 24th Southwest Nationals in Scottsdale, AZ where all of the “Top 12” cars and trucks of the year will be on display